Friday, February 12, 2010

Did you get pregnant right away after getting off birth control?

I've had Mirena in since the end of July last year and am making an appointment with my doctor to have it removed. My husband and I are planning on TTC this month(yay!!).





For those of you who have used Mirena(or any method, really) how long did it take you to become pregnant after removing/getting off it?Did you get pregnant right away after getting off birth control?
I had been on birth control for 3 years. I stopped taking my birth control the beginning of December and found out on December 27th that I was pregnant.





Baby dust too you!!! :-)





My LO is only 6 months old and I am already thinking about another one. But then I remeber how sleep deprived I am and I quickly snap out of it.Did you get pregnant right away after getting off birth control?
Awe! That's great hun! Well I know it can take a while to get pregnant once you stop taking birth control if you have been on it for more than 10 months. Everyone is different so it is hard to say what can happen. I know when my cousin was trying to conceive her second baby she stopped taking birth control and then after two months of trying she got pregnant. So maybe it will be easy for you. I have heard that for some women it is harder to conceive your second child. I don't know why and I know that may seem weird but sometimes I just think its a myth. Well anyways, I wish you the best and good luck! Lots of baby dust for you.





By the way, I can't believe Noah is almost a one year old. It seems just like the other day he was a newborn. Wow, time does fly fast.
I have been off Mirena for almost 2 months. I had some odd bleeding on and off since the removal, just had my first regular period since removal, so I am considering this month our first real month at TTC. At this point we are just kinda at the, if it happens it happens. We want another, but we don't want to stress about trying super hard. I'll let ya know if anything happens.





Baby dust to you! Its exciting knowing that there is a chance of becoming pregnant again, I love the feeling.
I had an IUD for 7 years and after I had that removed I went on birth control for a couple of months (vacation was comming up and I didnt want to be pregnant for it :) 3 weeks after I stopped taking the pill...I was pregnant, unfortunately it was ectopic, but we are trying again next month Baby dust to us!!
the day after I stopped my Nuva-ring, I became pregnant and 2 months after coming off the depo shot, I got pregnant. They say it takes a year but to get out of your body but I think it just depends on your own body. If you got pregnant easy the first time, you might have no problem gettting pregnant this time around. Good luck to you!!!!!!
I don't have advice as I don't use birth control but wanted to say Good Luck! I am amazed that you are ready, Elyse is a week older than Noah and I can't imagine being pregnant now. Maybe once she starts sleeping through the night (if that ever happens, lol!).
I was taking a pill- ';othro...something or another'; 6 years ago, and right after I finished taking it, I got pregnant with my first son- less than 2 months! I have heard many personal stories of people getting pregnant right after they discontinue use of birth control.





Good luck!! :)
*Sprinkles Baby Dust your way* Good Luck!!!





Well I used the good ol fashion pill. So we all know how that will work. As soon as I ran out, within that week I became pregnant. (medical and pills ran out at same time, 6 months PP) I was 4 days late on my period and just knew.
I was on Ortho-Tricyclen Lo for about a year, and I got pregnant 6 months after I stopped taking it. I'm not sure about Mirena, but I know on the pill it can take awhile.





Good luck TTC! =)
I was using the ring. Took it out, and I swear I got pregnant that day. Ok, maybe 3 days later. Ridiculous right? But true story.
I had mine taken out and was pregnant two months later. I did miscarry, but was pregnant again 4 months after that! Good luck!
I was on the pill for 5 years and I could not get preggo for 1 year 1 month.
I was on the pill for 8 years when my fiance and i decided to concieve, and we got pregnant on my thrid cycle!!


best of luck hun with TTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment