Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do I control heat in a out without air conditioning?

My father's house in Arizona is very hot and he is an older man and I think I need to help him control the heat. First off, what I don't understand is what should I be doing with the windows? Should I keep them open all the time so that the ';air can flow through it'; as he says? I think that's wrong. Or should I keep them closed until it's cooler outside than it is inside? And keep the blinds over the windows all the time?How do I control heat in a out without air conditioning?
keep the windows open and fans going or buy a window acHow do I control heat in a out without air conditioning?
.Use the blinds to keep direct sun out of the house. Does it cool off at night? If so, open windows at night, close in early morning before the air heats up. Once the air is all hot outside, unless there is really a breeze, you don't need hot air flowing in.


Another great addition is a ceiling fan, if you have electricity. It's way more efficient than a fan sitting in the room. One ceiling fan can cool a large area depending on the size of the fan, and they come in a variety of sizes. It doesn't cost much to run a fan since it has no heating element in it, so once you paid for fan + installation it should serve you for years. It is also quiet, another plus. No matter where you go in the room, it's cool, not just in one spot. The room can be full of people and all will benefit from the fan.
He knows best.





It can be suffacating with the windows closed.





A box fan in the window and where he wants one will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment