Friday, February 12, 2010

What age do you have to be in California to take birth control pills?

I'm 15. I'm not planning on having sex or anything, but I just HATE having a period. I have the absolute worst cramps out of all of the females in my family, and I despise how it keeps me from doing things I love.


Also, if I decide to get off the pill as an adult, will it be harder to become pregnant?What age do you have to be in California to take birth control pills?
You can be any age, as long as you have a period.


Birth control pills don't affect your future fertility.


As far as modifying your period the way you want it - I don't know if your wishes will be necessarly granted, but this is something to be discussed with your doctor.





Is it cramps that bother you or the period itself? If it's cramps then I understand, sorry. If it's just the period itself that holds you from doing the things you love you should just get used to it rather than messing with your hormones. I felt the way you did when I was 15, but when I was 20 I got used to having a period and it no longer stopped me from doing things I loved.What age do you have to be in California to take birth control pills?
you can start it at any age as long as you have your period. and i understand where you are with hating the whole period thing cuz cramps kept me from going to school and stuff. but just remember that the pill does not stop your period it just makes it shorter and sometimes lighter and gets rid of cramps pretty much all together or at least it did for me. and no it wont make it harder for you to become pregnant. your cycle maybe off for a fews months but it wont make it harder to become pregnant
go to planned parenthood or your local health dept and get information about this....birth control is additional hormones and comes with its own set of problems many times....they can help guide you to an informed decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment