Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How can I control my dogs jumping on surfaces?

Right, so I own a Lab x ridgeback 10 months old and he's out of control.


He jumps on surfaces, steals things and chews them up. I've tried spray bottles with water, stern voice, grabbing by the throat and pulling down with a 'NO' afterwards, punishment of putting him on a leash afterwards and such.


I walk him, but I can't lately since I'm sick and have to rest, and I can't take him to training because I have to work both saturday and sunday early morning to late afternoon.


It doesn't help that there's a 3 year old boy in the household and my father being violent towards the dog in anyway possible when he does something wrong.


He also eats whatever he finds. Underwear, panadol, expensive medication, toys, food.


He's fed rather well, and spends two hours out the front yard when I finish work playing ball with me.


I know how doesn't like loud noises, and I could use that but I don't want his fear to escalate.


I just don't know what to do.How can I control my dogs jumping on surfaces?
when they jump up grab their collar and smak them but not to hard just let them know they did bad then put them on the floor or just make a sharp noise when they jump upHow can I control my dogs jumping on surfaces?
try spraying him vinager and water.then when he does stop doing what's wrong...give him a treat.
Use a loud NO! Don't give up. Don't change tactics. Dogs get confused when you change. After a while he will get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment