Friday, February 12, 2010

How long does it take your body to adjust to birth control?

I've been taking Yasmin for about 2 weeks, and I've been extremely emotional, irritable and I've had some weight gain. I don't usually experience any PMS symptoms before my period except some occasional bloating so these aren't things I'm used to. Will these eventually go away, and will I be able to shed the weight I've put on? I'm usually able to lose weight quickly but since I noticed weight gain I haven't been able to lose it at all, in fact I put more on.How long does it take your body to adjust to birth control?
I didn't adjust to my birth control until about 4 months in. Try to change your diet and exercise to keep the weight off.How long does it take your body to adjust to birth control?
Well typically they tell you to expect to gain 10lbs when you start taking birth control, it is a possibility. However, I took Yaz and I had a TERRIBLE time with it. My doctor said to give it three months, bodies usually adjust to it within this amount of time, but mine did not. I got terrible headaches had the weight gain was extremely irritable and felt bloated for the whole three months. My doctor then switched me to Ortho tri cyclen lo and all of that went away and I feel so much better now! I would call your doctor and tell them what you're experiencing and ask them what they think you should do. If you're not happy be sure you switch because not all pills have those side effects! Good Luck!!!
Most doctors will say about 3 to 4 months for your body to adjust to the hormone levels. If you're still having these types of problems by then, you should go back to the doctor and switch birth control. I've heard that a lot of people have issues with Yasmin, but when placed on Yaz, have a better time. If it keeps up, let your doctor know. Good luck :)
Birth control has different side affects and they're different to many ppl. I advise you to switch ur birth control to a different kind since ur having so many problems

No comments:

Post a Comment