Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do I control my hours with a boss who is married to his job?

I am young and have a really good job but I also have a boss who practically lives at work.How do I control my hours with a boss who is married to his job?
I've got one of those workaholic bosses too.


you have to find the middle ground, stay some days and leave on time others. I'd let him know ahead of time, like casually saying, ';I'll be leaving at 6 today because I have to....';


dont let him guilt you into doing more than is required. I'm caught up in the guilt game with my boss and I HATE IT!How do I control my hours with a boss who is married to his job?
What type of career do you want? How do your reviews work? You should factor these things in before telling your boss that you are going home, and you do not care.





What does your contract look like? Do you have a 40 hour week? Do you get paid overtime? Do you get bonuses based on your work? Pick a time when the work is not too crazy, sit down with your boss, and try to come up with some sort of appropriate compensation if he is demanding you work overtime.





How did the interview go? Did they tell you to expect to work many unpaid over hours? If so, you knew what you were getting into when you signed on the job.





If you do feel like you are being asked to go beyond your contractual agreement, then you should talk with your boss about it. If he refuses to budge, you will have to be prepared to leave, so consider your options carefully.
just leave when it's 5pm or 6 pm depending on your hours. he should understand
I have been in this position before and it is hard to know the fine line. Just work hard when you are at work and make it noticable when doing so. If you are satisfied each day with being productive, that's what matters. Don't worry about your boss having the same expectations of you to be there 24/7 unless it comes up.
sit and talk a little bit

No comments:

Post a Comment