Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why is one of my cats so sensitive to flea control meds?

I have 4 cats, one of them, Simone, I rescued from the old naval shipyard, Mare Island in California.


I treat all my cats with advantage, and when I sneak it on Simone, she just hates it, and she squints alot like it`s irratating her eyes, and she goes off and pouts, like she`s abused! What`s the deal, and is there another brand that won`t affect her this way?


I feel like a bad mom!Why is one of my cats so sensitive to flea control meds?
Some cats have really bad and lethal reaction to flea control meds. Usually it is the over the counter ones that cause the problem but ones the vet gives can, on occasion cause problems also. Call your vet and ask if this reaction may be a forerunner to a worse reaction later on or does he think it safe to continue. Cats like people can have mild to severe reactions to medication.Why is one of my cats so sensitive to flea control meds?
try revolution some cats that do not like advantage do not mind it





btw this is not an allergic reaction just her hurt feelings how dare you ruin her perfect coat and it is cold because it contains alchol
my sister's cat does the exact same thing. she's tried them all! advantage being the best. you should try revolution, see if that is less crazy for her. other than that ask your vet.
It happens...Find different anti-biotics...YOu'll have to talk to your vet for the info

No comments:

Post a Comment